Hey there, I’m Miles Henry. Welcome to my slice of the internet, where I talk all things horse racing and then some. My journey into this world?
Well, it’s a bit of a story, but not the kind you might expect. It all started with my grandfather in Louisiana. He wasn’t just into horses; he lived and breathed them. And me? I was just a kid who loved being around these animals, not really understanding the depth of it all.
One day, I found myself watching a horse race with him. It wasn’t anything fancy, just a few local folks racing their quarter horses, but man, it was exciting. The energy, the speed, the sheer thrill of it caught me off guard. I remember looking up at my grandfather, seeing his excitement, and thinking, ‘This is something special.’
That moment wasn’t about the rush of the race or even the horses themselves. It was about seeing something through his eyes—understanding the passion he had for horses. It clicked for me right then and there. This wasn’t just a pastime; it was a way of life.
Fast forward through years of learning the ropes, from barrel racing to owning my first racehorse, and here I am, running HorseRacingSense.com. It’s been a wild ride, filled with ups and downs, but it’s a journey I wouldn’t change for the world.
So, why am I telling you all this? Because I want you to know that what you read here comes from a place of genuine love and respect for horse racing and care. It’s not just about sharing knowledge; it’s about passing on what I’ve learned from a lifetime of experiences, just like my granddad did for me.
Thanks for stopping by, and I hope you find something here that sparks your interest or helps you along your own journey in the world of horses.
What will you find on horseracingsense.com? Our articles are about horses, the horse racing industry, and everything equestrian. Plus, interesting facts about horse breeds, history, tack, and proper riding gear.
“I aim to offer the richest, most insightful information for anyone seeking knowledge about horses and horse racing.”
Currently, I have nine Thoroughbreds in training at the Folsom, Louisiana, Training Center. Each horse, is at a different stage in their racing career. Here are a few pictures of our horses:
Books by Miles Henry
I’m passionate about sharing my knowledge and experiences in the world of horse racing and equine care. Here are some of the podcasts I’ve had the pleasure of joining as a guest:
- Heidi Herriott’s Animal Tales Podcast: I joined Heidi Herriott on her podcast to talk about the intricacies of horse racing and the importance of horse care and shared some behind-the-scenes insights from my experiences. Listen to the episode here.
- Double D Trailers Podcast: In this episode, I delve into the world of horse racing, sharing my thoughts on what makes a successful racehorse, the importance of proper equine care, and a peek into the creation of HorseRacingSense.com. This interview was also shared on YouTube, providing a visual insight into our discussion. Listen to the podcast here or watch it on YouTube here.
These appearances have been a fantastic opportunity to connect with fellow horse enthusiasts and share my passion for the equine world. I look forward to engaging in more discussions and sharing more insights in the future.
- I am a licensed Racehorse owner.
- Racing Quarter Horses
- Thoroughbred Racehorses
- Barrel racing
- Trail riding
- Raised horses
- Bought horses from private sellers
- Bought horses at Thoroughbred yearling auctions
- Bought horses at Quarter Horse yearling auctions
- I bought racehorses at auctions.
- Attended and bought horses at mixed-sale auctions
- Member of AQHA
- Member of The Jockey Club
- Author of The Equine Business Bible
- Author of Horse Sense
My Journey in a Nutshell
In the world of horse racing, every challenge is a lesson, and every horse has a story. My journey has been filled with both. From turning around the fortunes of a stubborn Thoroughbred named Ashton, who taught me the value of patience and adaptability, to making a bold decision at an auction that led to unexpected victories.
Thank you for exploring my journey in horse racing and care. Now, I’d love to hear from you. Whether it’s a story close to your heart, a challenge you’ve encountered, or a question about entering the world of horse racing, your insights and inquiries are what make HorseRacingSense.com a rich resource for all.
Get in Touch
Reach out directly at [email protected] or share your thoughts in the comments below. Your experiences and questions not only enrich our community but also help shape the future content of HorseRacingSense.com.
Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter for the latest insights and stories, and follow us on social media to join our community of horse racing enthusiasts.
Your stories and questions are the heartbeat of this community. Together, we can continue to share, learn, and grow in the fascinating world of horse racing. I’m excited to hear from you and to see where our shared passion takes us next.
We recently visited Ireland and saw a lot of beautiful horses. It is a country with a long history of horsemanship. For centuries, horses have been an essential part of Irish culture and continue to play an important role today.
There are multiple horse breeds native to Ireland, and the sport of horse racing is hugely popular. In addition, horse-drawn carriages are still commonly used for transportation in some parts of the country.
This country loves horses because there are so many gorgeous ones running around in the fields. Below are a few pictures of the horses I saw during my trip to Ireland.
Contact me at [email protected] or through my Facebook account: https://www.facebook.com/miles.henry.334839. I’m not on Facebook often, but I check in there occasionally. You can also find me on Twitter @mileshenry23 and Quora at Miles-Henry-8.
MY BUCKET LIST
- Run a Marathon: Complete: I’ve run three marathons; they were amazing experiences. I hope to complete a few more.
- Hike the Appalachian Trail. Not Completed
- Travel to all of the continents. Not completed: I still have a couple to go.
- Whitewater rafting: Completed in 2019 in Gatlinburg, TN.
- Jump from a plane: Completed. My son and a couple of friends parachuted in Mississippi. Next time, I’m doing this with my daughter.
- Dance at my youngest daughter’s wedding. Not complete
- Travel to Paris-Complete: I traveled last year with my wife and daughter to Paris and Venice, Italy.
- Publish a book: Completed, Equine Business Bible.
- Travel to Antarctica: Completed: I always wanted to see this place.
- Ride in a Mardi Gras Parade: Completed; I rode in multiple parades, most recently with Babylon Crew in New Orleans.
- Travel to an All-Inclusive in the Caribbean: Completed our family and traveled to Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic.