Any links on this page that lead to products on Amazon are affiliate links and I earn a commission if you make a purchase. Thanks in advance – I really appreciate it!
Sure, you could buy a pair of traditional cowboy boots, but that’s not what you’re looking for today. You want boots that blend fashion and function, and I think Ariat Fatbaby western boots check both boxes and others.
Cowboy boots are perfect for horse riding, working at the barn, and even going out on the town. But few are designed for more than one function. Ariat Fatbaby boots are the exception; if you’re looking for cute, durable, and comfortable cowboy boots, you’ll want to know about these before buying any.
Here’s a rundown of what I’ll provide in this Ariat Women’s Fatbaby western boot review:
- First, I’ll share the features and benefits that I think you’ll find helpful.
- Next, I’ll point out some of the drawbacks you might need to consider
- Then, I’ll provide you a bit of relevant information about the Ariat company.
- And finally, I’ll give a sampling of a couple of customer and Independent reviews to get a better insight into the boots.
Sound good? Let’s get started!
Features and Benefits of Ariat Women’s Fatbaby Western Boot
- Four-row stitching and bold colors enhance the boots’ look.
- It’s made from 100% leather that is strong, durable, and moisture resistant.
- Soft, cushioned everly soles provide cushioning and wear-resistance.
- Ariat’s Four Layer Rebound system (4LR) technology is comfortable, supportive, and capable of withstanding heavy-duty work environments,
- A wide toe box gives your feet and toes plenty of room.
- The heel is set at a perfect height for comfort and walking at just 1.5″.
- The shaft extends approximately 8″ from the arch, making them comfortable and cool to wear with any outfit.
- Western detailing which has become an Ariat tradition.
- Comfortable enough to wear all day.
- The Fatbaby boots won’t give up on you, no matter how rough the conditions get,
Special Features (Pros) of Ariat Women’s Fatbaby Western Boot
There is a very short break-in period. Put them on your feet and walk to your barn, they may feel a little stiff, but by the time you get back, they’ll feel comfortable and well broken-in.
Because of the short shaft, they work well for people with wide-calves. Here are some other things I like about the Ariat Fatbabys’.
- 4LR technology is a four-layer footbed developed by Ariat that provides superior comfort and support. It’s their footbed design for those who need all-day comfort and performance. 4LR is especially beneficial for people who walk a lot or wear their boots for extended periods.
The 4LR technology is also a good choice for work, casual wear, and riding boots. It incorporates a lightweight shank to stabilize and supports the ankle and feet. Ariat uses this technology in their premier work boots as well.
- Sturdy and functional soles: The boots’ soles are functional and durable. Whether you’re riding or hiking, these sole are up to the task; they are synthetic with grip but not too thick that they don’t fit a saddle. And the heel is just the right size for English or Western stirrups.
- Unique design, if you’re ready to escape the standard-looking cowboy boots, you can’t beat the unique design of Ariat Fatbabys’. While sometimes you have to sacrifice quality or comfort for fashion but that’s not the case with these.
They are made with unsurpassed craftsmanship and high-quality material and remain comfortable enough to wear all day. Fatbaby boots come in over twenty colors and patterns, and there is sure to be one combination to fit your taste.
Whether you’re working around the horse barn, riding, or going out, you’ll look great, and your feet will be comfortable too. Ariat Fatbabys is an excellent choice for your next pair of cowboy boots.
Drawbacks (Cons) for Ariat Women’s Fatbaby Western Boots.
- Imported: Although Ariat is an American company headquartered in Union City, Ca. most boots are made in China. When boots are imported, they sometimes lack quality assurance, and substandard products are produced. Plus, buying US-produced products helps support the economy.
- Fit: Some people find Ariat boots run big, and these Ariats’ are no different. I haven’t had a problem with my boots, but I hear about it so often I know it’s an issue for some buyers.
- Waterproof: Water will soak through the leather. If you expect to wear your leather boots in wet conditions, you need to treat them with a conditioner, mink oil, or a similar leather waterproofing product.
- Color: It’s terrific that Ariat offers a wide selection of colors, but not all the colors look like their pictures. I’m not sure why this happens, but it’s something to be aware of. I’ve also learned that some of the colors faded after exposure to excessive moisture.
Video: Ariat Women’s Fatbaby Western Boots.
About the Ariat Company
Since the Ariat boots hit the market, their name became synonymous with comfortable cowboy boots. The reason is likely because one of the owners, Beth Cross, worked with shoe companies such as Reebok and Avia before launching Ariat.
Her early exposure to sports shoes likely fostered a desire to make cowboy boots more functional and comfortable. The company gained popularity, and it’s now a world leader in cowboy boot technology.
Interesting fact: The name Ariat is a nod to the great racehorse Secretariat.
Ariat Women’s Fatbaby Western Boots Reviews
Checking out the features and benefits is great, but learning from real-and-actual customers about a product offers better insight. Here we’ve compiled reviews that reflect the Ariat Groundbreaker Square Toe Work Boots, providing feedback from product users and reviewers on independent review sites as well as on Amazon.
Independent Reviews and Recommendations for Ariat Women’s Fatbaby Western Boots
What Amazon Customers Have to Say About the Ariat Women’s Fatbaby Western Boots
These boots are consistently rated year-after-year with good reviews on Amazon; these women’s cowboy boots come highly recommended.
If you’re in the market for a quality-made, cute, versatile, and affordable pair of women’s cowboy boots, you’ve come to the right place. The ARIAT Women’s Fatbaby Western Boot offers eye-catching good looks, durability, and comfort without having to sacrifice quality or overspend.
Although Ariat began making boots in 1993, they’ve quickly become a cowboy boot innovation leader, combining fashion and comfort at reasonable prices. And they don’t disappoint now. A variety of reviewers recommend these boots—and I can’t blame them!
Do you have to wear socks with cowboy boots?
No, many popular brands are made with a comfortable lining that protects your feet. But people whose feet sweat a lot or those that need additional cushioning should wear socks with boots.
A thick pair of athletic socks are helpful to break-in tight boots and are also good for getting loose boots fit snug. I always wear socks with my boots and don’t know why someone would want to wear cowboy boots with naked feet but to each their own.
Are there any good cheap women’s cowboy boots?
Surprisingly you can find some good cheap women’s cowboy boots without much effort. My favorite is the Coconuts By Matisse Women’s Gaucho Boot. They sell for under $50 currently. If you want to check out some other cheap boots, read this article: 5 Best Cheap Women’s Cowboy Boots, You Can Buy for Under $50